The German Club was organized in 1878, and their hall was built as an Opera Hall in 1884. It was later sold to the American Legion post 422. In 1959 it was torn down to make room for the new school addition, and the downtown Legion Hall was built that same year. The Ross Seville home to the north was razed in 1926 to make room for the new Walnut Auditorium (now the old gym).
Click on the Photo to open