Walnut Creek Historical Society and Museum
Our main museum site occupies the former masonic lodge building in downtown Walnut on Antique City Drive, built in 1911. We have three floors of artifacts and displays encompassing several collections which include: military, farming, athletics, inventors, early families, and schools. The 2nd floor was the original temple, and still includes the temple lighting system and altar.
Our second site is a country school relocated to town, and is representative of early 20th century one-room schools. That site is located one block east of downtown on Highland St.
Our museum is run entirely by volunteers from our Historical Society, and is open on weekends from Memorial Day to Labor Day, or by appointment.
The Historical Society also has a Facebook page, with over 600 members who actively contribute memories, photos and conversation about Walnut and the area.
We operate entirely from donations, and are set up as a 501(c)(3) organization.
Our Officers for 2020-21:
Neal Smith, President
Carole Schroder, Vice President
Linda Ploen, Secretary
Rick Blum, Treasurer
Ardythe Smith, Curator
Jeff Krueger, Director
Marvin Schroder, Director
Marvin Schroder, Tim Branan - Maintenance & Grounds
Linda Ploen, Barb Eslick, Judy Kay - Curator Aides
Leanne Krueger, Linda Booth -
Lois Troll, Carole Schroder -
$15 per year - couple
$7.50 per year - single
$100 - lifetime
Open House and Grand Reopening - May 29, 2021 1:00 p - 7:00 p